Spring is a great time to check your plumbing and make sure everything is in good working condition. Here are some plumbing maintenance tips for spring:
1. Check for leaks: Inspect all visible pipes and fixtures for signs of leaks, such as damp spots, mold growth, or water stains. If you find a leak, have it fixed immediately to prevent water damage.
2. Test your sump pump: Spring is typically a rainy season, so make sure your sump pump is in good working condition. Test it by pouring water into the sump pit and making sure it activates and pumps the water out.
3. Clean gutters and downspouts: Clogged gutters and downspouts can cause water to back up and damage your plumbing. Clean them out to prevent blockages.
4. Inspect your water heater: Check your water heater for signs of corrosion, leaks, or other damage. If you notice any issues, call First Call Plumbing and Heating to have a licensed plumber inspect and repair the unit.
5. Check your outdoor plumbing: Inspect your outdoor faucets and hoses for damage and turn the water on to check for leaks. If you find any issues, have them repaired before using your outdoor plumbing.
6. Schedule a drain maintenance check: Is your main sewer in good condition? At First Call Plumbing and Heating, we can inspect your sewer pipes with our drain cameras to ensure there are no concerns that could cause unexpected back-ups that damage your home.
By following these plumbing maintenance tips for spring, you can ensure that your plumbing system is in good working condition and prevent costly water damage.